20110903

i gave you back your power

I'm posting a lot of videos recently, don't I?
Video for today: new White Lies' single. The Power & The Glory.
I have a huge problem with this band recently. Why? I used to love them. Really. Almost three years ago nobody knew about them. In January 2009 they released their first big single To lose my life. For me it was like a stroke, I fell in love with them. In March I bought their debut album To lose my life... My love was growing and growing. July - their gig at Heineken Open'er Festival. Best gig in my life (by far). It was amazing, cause you could see how scared they were (something like "omg, no one knows us here, it's going to be a tragedy) at the beginning and amazed at the end of the gig. Check this HERE and HERE.
Their second gig in Poland: Stodoła in Warsaw, 2010. Amazing. Maybe not that amazing like at the first time, but this gig blown me away too.
And now the story turn to be not that cool for me. The band started to be too popular in Poland. I mean it's not fun to be on their gig when there are to many thirteen-year-old little girls. And the band started to be too serious with their music and image.
Hah, of course I know it's "the band is too popular" syndrome "so it's not cool to be their fan anymore". But that's so true for me. And I know that for the band too. That's sad, in one interwiev (for Polish tv...) they confirmed that they know "the band is too popular" syndrome and it happened with the bands that they used to like.
I don't know how their career is going to be in few years. But I know they're going to be big. One day I'll tell my kids that they used to be just three kids who wanted to play music and make fub of it.
Okay... the video. First video made of videos (sound stupid, I know) from their gigs. Well, in fact this one is the most normal video released as a promotion of their secon album Ritual.
And  what about you. Do you have any ex-favourite bands?


tomorrow I'm turning twenty... I'm going to be sooo old...

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Dziękuję za wszystkie komentarze, każdy kolejny cieszy mnie niezmiernie! Z tej niepohamowanej radości staram się na wszystkie odpowiadać :)